Our Junior Start Sailing Weekend has been arranged as an alternative due to the huge demand for the High School Learn to Sail Course.
✓ A weekend of sailing, games, water, and (hopefully) sun.
✓ Following the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme, working towards Stage 1.
✓ Weather permitting, by the end of the weekend students will be ready to take part in Monday Mayhem sessions in light winds.
✓ All kit required provided
✓ 2021 membership included – giving access to Monday Mayhem, club racing and the use of club boats during events for free, as well as access to other training courses at member’s prices.
✓ Leads on to free sailing through the summer
✓ Leads on to experiencing powerboating
Why Learn to Sail?
Learning to sail has so many benefits for children:
✓ An exciting new sport with opportunities to progress and a sense of achievement
✓ Free sailing sessions available to members throughout the summer.
✓ Connections with the outdoors and nature
✓ Learning risk assessment skills in a safe environment
✓ A sense of freedom, adventure and challenge for all ages, helping to develop confidence and independence
✓ Meeting a wide variety of new friends with a common interest
- Minimum age 8, most participants are likely to be lower secondary age.
- No prior sailing experience necessary.
- You must be happy to be in the water wearing a buoyancy aid, but do not need to be a strong swimmer.
If you’re unsure which of these is the right course for you then please contact us.
£80 (includes junior membership for the rest of the 2021 season remaining after the course date)
Members discounted rate: £40
22nd & 23rd May 2021, 9:30-4:30 (Sorry, course now full)
We’ve had a phenomenal response and the dates currently available are now full. However, we want to make sure that EVERYONE who would like to learn to sail gets the chance! Have a look at your options to still get out on the water this season:
- How about our Junior Summer Sailing Weeks instead?
- You can add your name to the waiting list to be contacted in case a place become available. We’ll also let you know if we are able to schedule another similar course.
- If you’ve done a bit of sailing before, or have a friend or family member to come with who has, then come along to our Monday Mayhem sessions.
If you’ve any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where possible, payment should be by bank transfer. If not, then it is also possible to pay by cheque and you’ll be asked which in the booking form.
To pay by bank transfer, first complete the booking form above, then transfer £80 (or £40 if the participant is already a member or OSC) to:
Account 0078 4705
Sort Code 80-17-99 (Bank of Scotland)
Payment Reference: “JSS [your surname]”
If paying by cheque please include a note with the course and participant name, and post to:
Oban Sailing Club