Our RYA Scotland 2019 award winning sailing sessions for all ages.
Monday Mayhem 2021 will run every Monday evening from 26th April until around 13th September, with a pre-sailing briefing in the dinghy park at 6:30. We can’t wait to see you all afloat and having fun again!
All sailors (or a responsible adult if under 18) need to have completed the online consent and emergency contact form before going afloat. It will also be available to complete at the start of each session, however you’ll get afloat quicker if you’ve already filled it in beforehand.
Due to current COVID restrictions, there are some changed to the way Monday Mayhem will operate:
- There will be no access to changing rooms in the clubhouse, so unfortunately you will need to arrive already changed, or change in your car.
- There will be access to a toilet if needed.
- Sailors will have to sail either singlehanded, or sharing a boat with members of their household (or extended household).
- Social distancing will be necessary both on and off the water.
- We will be limited to 30 people, including volunteers.
- Sign in at the start of each session will be necessary for track and trace – to speed this up a QR code will be available, or a manual option if you’ve not got a QR reader on your phone.
Full details of OSC COVID procedures and a summary for sailors are available on the website and were sent out to members before the first session.
Monday Mayhem is all about having fun on the water for all ages. We’ll do a variety of sailing and other fun activities afloat, or there’s also the option to take out a club dinghy and just go for a sail with safety cover. We’ll be around from 6pm to help you get ready. Come to the dinghy park to sign in and find out what we’re doing and what boat to get ready. Then meet in the dinghy park at 6:30, rigged and changed and ready to launch, for a briefing.
We have wetsuits, buoyancy aids and cag tops (waterproof jackets that keep off the wind, rain and spray and help you stay warm) to lend and there’s a variety of club boats you can use, all free to members or included in the temporary membership cost below.
If you’re under 8 or haven’t sailed before then bring a friend or family member who has. If that’s not possible and you’d like to try out sailing, then we will almost always be able to get you out in a boat with someone, but this does depend on their being enough people able to take you. If you want to be sure, you can send us a message on our club facebook page or email us beforehand.
Not a member? Not a problem – you can join as a Temporary member for the evening for just £5, and if you like it, why not become a member? We offer family memberships and discounted membership rates. If you join us for one of our beginners courses, then your club membership for the rest of the year is free (see details on individual course pages).