Sunday 22nd August 2021
As promised in my earlier email today, here are further instructions for the dinghy regatta in the attachments.
Just picking out the important elements of the instructions.
1) We’ll be holding the regatta on just one day (rather than the usual full weekend of sailing)
2) The briefing will be at 0900 with the first race starting at 1030
3) There will be 2 classes, Experienced and Novice. It is intended that the Novice class races will be managed/started from the water and using different start line and courses to the Experienced class. Hopefully this will keep the racing fun and at an appropriate level for everyone.
4) Bring your own lunch but we hope to have a BBQ at the end of the day.
5) There should be an opportunity for beginners to have a sail in the late afternoon/evening. If the weather is fine we might also have some kayaks and paddleboards to have some fun on.
Most importantly, please don’t be put off by the word ‘racing’ – we’ll keep it fun and inclusive for everyone.
The entry form is also online https://forms.gle/AUDWJsf8SQCcQ7qbA
It would be helpful to get an indication of the number of people wanting to make use of club toppers/picos/fevas so just add your name/boat into the form – don’t worry too much about the other details.
Come along, have some fun.